Friday 9 December 2011

Marriages are made in Heaven.....!!!

Thanks to people considering us worth to be a part of their moments of joy, my wife and I got a chance to see Kerala uniting with Gujarat in proper Kerala style in the city of Ahmedabad due to a - blink and you shall miss - holy matrimonial alliance between two families belonging to different and diverse states of India in so many different ways. The Kerala family, incidentally, also had a member married to a foreigner and living in Italy.

We take pride in the fact that my family is totally averse to be bound by the rigours of the caste system and to some extent religion also. My mother led the pack with having married my dad outside her caste, though it was difficult to tell if the castes were different due to the surnames being common in both the castes. My brother is married to a Roman Catholic who is a better Hindu than most of us. My three sisters married a Hyderabadi, a Maharashtrian and a Kashmiri. I have married both within my caste as also out of it as I am the product of the union of two different castes and my father-in-law gave me his daughter's hand because he thought I belong to his caste! (I learnt about it much later)

We have in our family all married out of our so-called caste except for my elder brother, who's marriage incidentally happens to be like mine, both within and without the caste, we were supposed to be born in. The marrying out of caste or to persons belonging to different states is continued by the progenies, with the Hyderabadi's son marrying a Maharashtrian and daughter marrying a Keralite. The Roman Catholic's son marrying a Marwari and the daughter marrying a  Keralite. My son is married to a Brahmin girl.

And all are happy and well adjusted.

Does religion or state to which a person belongs to really matter?? Do the boundaries of various nations really make a difference to the ways of the human heart? Love overcomes all.

That reminds me.....that one Mr. Thackerey recently warning Kannadigas to let go of Belgaum and cede it to the state of Maharashtra!! Does a Belgaum or a Telengana really matter?? All have their view-points. For this I shall come back to you with some more of my views in a different post.

Till then, keep reading and making your comments. Happy married lives to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment